What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Adieu to Max Factor

After almost 100 years in business, Max Factor Cosmetics will no longer be sold in the United States. Proctor & Gamble, who distribute the brand, decided to pull it from the shelves due to it performing poorly in America, when it is the best selling brand in over 20 countries.
To me as a make-up artist, Max Factor was the name that started it all. Before Bobbi Brown, Trish McEvoy, and my beloved Kevin Aucoin - there was Max Factor. He became the 1st professional make-up artist for motion pictures in 1914. This was the man who created pan- cake foundation, wand mascara, and the object of my obsession- lipgloss! His family legacy will be carried on by his grandsons, Dean and Davis Factor, who founded the amazing Smashbox Cosmetics . So stock up on your favorite Max Factor products while you can as we bid a fond farewell to the line.
Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

No comments: