What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Make-up Must Have Mondays

As a make-up artist, it is my duty to stay up on trends-yes? That's what i tell myself every time I get sucked into Sephora! Black & brown eyeliners are the equivalent to the little black dress in a woman's wardrobe, a must! These 24/7 liners from Urban Decay are rich and creamy & stay put.

Looking over the fall launches, I was again drawn to Urban Decay due to their packaging. I scooped up Eye Ink in black in a sleek container complete with peacock feathers & their new lipstick complete with a dagger in Apocalypse. The cream liner was a little drier than I normally work with, so it didn't give me as clean of a line as I like for my signature cat eye. It's fine for smudging into the lash line. Urban Decay's Fall Lipsticks included a deep purple, deep wine & black colors. Yes-a little warning my beauties that black lips are on fall's fashion forecast...just say no! Though the wine & purple look intimidating- they're actually very wearable. Plus, the packaging is to die for! Few can pull black off however, unless it's Halloween!

These try me kits from Sephora are genius! They're a great way to sample several lines' best sellers at a great price. Suffering through the sweltering August heat has led me to use shadow primers more than usual to keep things in place. This kit had Too Faced & Urban Decay Shadow Primers, as well as goodies from Stila, Smashbox, Cosmedicine & many more! I set aside products that I know I won't use for the holidays when I give my mom & sisters Beauty Bonanza Boxes full of products. They love them & it's never too early to get a start on the holidays!

Peace. Love. Make-up. M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Sephora sampler - what a fabulous idea!
Jennifer
PS: You would be very proud of my black eyeliner (shadow) skills - I'm perfecting the technique you showed me quite effortlessly these days!