What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Ask The Expert

So I'm unveiling a new feature on the blog girleens! You've asked for it (& what can I say-I'm a giver!) It's called Ask the Expert... here you can ask me your questions & I'll pick one to answer and feature weekly. I've been an esthetician & make-up artist for a decade, so I'm here to help!
Our first question comes from Jennifer Grove(above), President of Baltimore-based Sky Blue Events. She wants to know..."Can I wear a red lip during the day? I'm tired of my pinks and corals and want something fresh and sophisticated but not too strong for daytime client meetings."


Lately, every one I've talked to has had the winter blahs. Bravo to Jennifer for wanting to switch up her look a bit. Red lips usually intimidate a lot of girls. And of course you want to look professional versus looking of a certain profession (ha ha!) The best approach? Go with a sheer red gloss, that way you'll still get that pop of bright color, but in a more wearable, user friendly texture! My pick? Paul & Joe Beaute Lip Lacquer in 09.
Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

9 comments:

Sky Blue Events said...

Already received two comments on the red this morning at a coffee meeting. Empowering and fresh!

Thanks for the lesson!
Jennifer

Jessica Ryan said...

Love it on you! I can't wear red. I really cannot.

Scientific Housewife said...

Great advice! I have a question. During most of the year, I have combination skin with an oily T-zone. Now, while it's cold, my whole face dries and flakes and I can't wear any foundation or powder. Is there anything you can recommend?

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

The color brightens up your whole face- it's almost a better pick me up than coffee:)

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Housewife- how's your water intake? Are you exfoliating? If so with what products? You very well might be next week's post!

MCW said...

I like the idea of the read lip gloss! Not as heavy...

Unknown said...

Love the color...not quite a fire engine red-- really a flattering shade for your skin and hair.

Unknown said...

I envy anyone who can do red lips. Jennifer looks great.

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

ohh I have endless questions-sign me up! First one is this-I recently moved to the greater Baltimore area and am looking for a recommendation on a good place for brow shaping-specifically with tweezing vs. waxing