What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Your Best Friend Cosmetics

Coming off the high that was my adoration of the YBF Baby Lips kit, I wanted to fall just as much in love with their mascara duo. I admit, what drew me to it was its 007 like packaging. Ironically that's what ended up making it not work for me.
This kit included a bejeweled {swoon- super cute!} eyelash curler, as well as a mascara unit containing both a primer & mascara.  Don't be shocked, but even as a professional make-up artist I rarely use lash curlers. I worry about lash breakage.
You slide the unit apart in order to be able to use the products. Besides being a rather awkward, additional step in the morning {which who has time for?} the wand wasn't incredibly comfortable in my hand.  I like to apply a lot of layers of mascara & flip my wand every which way- the handle just didn't want to work with me.

 In fact, no one with arthritis would be able to maneuver this device at all. The actual mascara & primer formulas were fine, but there were no angels singing.  There was nothing to write home about.  What it boils down to with make-up & every thing else important in life is that yes, pretty on the outside is usually a plus- but it's what's on the inside that counts.

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

No comments: