What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Skin's Secret Weapon

I don't know if your parents are anything like mine & I don't know if there's an actual term for having this affliction.  But let's just say that they are chronic email forwarders.  Is it wrong to want to list your Mom as a spammer?!? I get so many emails from them it's slightly ridiculous. However I skimmed over one article the other day they sent & found it quite fascinating.  I would say of the clients I treat that easily 85% of them have dehydrated facial skin.  Hydration & moisturization are often confusing terms to my clients.  In simple terms I explain hydration= water & moisture=oils.  Not all moisturizers have oils, but I say this in order to separate the two. The fact is that every skin type needs water- whether you are the Saharas of dry or the oiliest of acne sufferers.   Water brings everything into balance- it's especially important if you're using aggressive AHAs or retinols. I always say you wouldn't fertilize a plant that hadn't been watered in a week would you?  It would irritate & burn it. I use Skin Ceutical's Hydrating B5 Gel like it's going out of business to help hydrate, it's like a drink of water for my skin.  But in terms of whole body health, listen to these facts:
*37% of Americans mistake thirst for hunger due to a weak thirst mechanism
*Even Mild dehydration will slow down metabolism (that must be it!)
*Lack of water is the #1 cause of daytime fatigue
*Research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water can ease back & joint pain in up to 80% of sufferers!
*One glass of water can resolve late night hunger pains in 100% of dieters in a University Of Washington Study
*Just a 2% drop in body water can cause mental fogginess
*Drinking just 5 glasses of water a day can reduce the risk of colon cancer by 45%, breast cancer by 79% & bladder cancer by 50%

So it looks like it's not milk, but water that does a body good. Drink up Beauties!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

1 comment:

MCW said...

I just took a few sips of water! It is all I drink!