What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Friday, July 15, 2011

Atralin Gel

Those who know me, know that I consider myself the Queen of exfoliation. We're not talking scrubs here people- but AHA's, enzymes, peels: the good stuff. I tell all of my clients that in order to fight the signs of aging & to be blemish free, you must be using an exfoliant. It also ensures the rest of your skin care regimen will be working that much more effectively, since it's not sitting on dead skin. That being said, I can usually spot someone using Retin-A from a mile away. Their skin is red, raw & peeling. No thank you. Vitamin A is the gold standard for Dermatologists for anti- aging, though. So when I heard about Atralin I was intrigued. Vitamin A blended with my fave hyaluronic acid to minimize irritation & to hydrate. The texture is like a whipped gel that sinks in instantly- I love it! I topped it with one of my favorite moisturizers (Jan Marini's Transformation Face Cream) and woke up to smooth, radiant glowing skin.
Summer is not the time for most to be trying new prescription exfoliants, but since I shun the sun like a vampire & am always fully dipped in SPF, it's ok. If you know you'll be by the pool a lot this season, hold off integrating it into your regimen until fall. Whenever you introduce a new potent exfoliant into your skincare regimen I always suggest doing it 2X the first week, then 3x the next week and easing into using it every night to minimize irritation & possible peeling. An added plus? There's an awesome rebate for Atralin that I found out after I initially purchased it {I about fell over at the @$215 price tag!} Just go to their website, fill out your email & you can get Atralin for only $25 this year! That's a steal of a deal- you'll be on your way to gorgeous skin Beauties!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M


2 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

that's pretty expensive but i am sure it was worth it!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Actually with the rebate it was only $25- it's hard to find an Olay product for that price these days!