What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thirsty

Here comes my visual analogy. Think of your skin as a leaf. When you forget to water a plant, you see how it loses support & becomes dry and unhealthy. You would never fertilize a plant that hadn't been watered in a week, since it would burn it. Our bodies are made up of 60-75% water. It keeps all of our organs healthy & your skin is an organ! It's thirsty! Make no mistake, I offer results, but the skin needs to be hydrated to treat properly & get those optimal results.

I know the debate has raged on as to whether or not we need 8 cups of water a day. I can say after treating skin for nearly a decade, that hydration plays an integral part in skin health. Let me point out when I say hydration, I am speaking in terms of water. When I say moisture, I would be referring to vital lipids or oils. Let's not confuse the two, as many people often do. Every skin type needs water. Even the most oily & acneic- in fact most often these types! Overdrying your skin, tells your brain to produce more oil- so put down the Clearasil! In harsh winter months, in hot summer months- you're skin needs water to keep it in balance. Try a product with hyaluronic acid applied topically.

Hyaluronic acid is a water loving amino acid already present in our skin, so don't be afraid. It's oil free(for all my oil phobes!), won't break you out, but will make your skin healthy & happy! Try a product such as Skin Ceuticals Hydrating B5(my pick for normal to oily skin) or Kate Somerville's Quench(my pick for normal to dry skin) & applying it on freshly cleansed skin (oily skins) or topping it with a moisturizer (dry skins). It's a product you can't over do & I promise- you're skin will thank you for it!
Peace. Love. Tall Drink of Water. M

3 comments:

Scientific Housewife said...

Great suggestions, I'm always looking for new skin products.

Summer Athena said...

you are so right!!!!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I never get tired of hearing I'm right:) & I'm quite the goldylocks- so I promise I won't steer ya wrong!