What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Gave it a Week Wednesday

As mentioned yesterday, I rediscovered this full size product while digging through my linen, ahem, beauty closet. I had seen this innovative product on QVC before & obviously had wanted to try it since I bought it! A fellow beauty blogger, Gouldylox had given me some pointers prior to use since she actually watched the DVD included(I'm not a big instruction follower...) The sheer amount of product recommended is unusual. Whereas 2 pumps of product is the norm, Wen suggests 12-15 pumps per quadrant of hair! In my mission to be less wasteful & using what I have, I'm giving products a full week of trying them out. How did Wen fare?

First off, for an oily haired girl such as myself, it was hard to skip the shampoo/gel first step. As a skin care professional, I often have to remind clients when it comes to products, suds does not = clean. However, it was hard to wrap my head around(pun intended). But I was consistent in using it every night for a week. Am I a changed woman? Um, not really. The search for the shampoo & conditioner that lets me forgo styling my hair continues. My hair still needs to be straightened since it refuses to be full on Veronica Lake waves. Above is my hair after air drying & running a brush thru it.
What I will say about this product, is that your hair will obey your tools much better. When blown dry or using a straight iron, my hair cooperates much more willingly. For you gals that style every morning, this is a product for you- especially is you dye your hair since it's sulfate free & doesn't strip your color. I wash my hair at night though, since I am so not a morning person. Worth mentioning however, is that I plowed thru a bottle in almost a week due to the suggested use...I might reserve this more for special occasions when I'm really wanting a great hair day. Have you tried Wen? This is my hair which a quick blow dry after mainly air drying.

Peace. Love. Product. M
Bear with the split shots gals, I still feel weird sometimes taking pics of myself by myself!

3 comments:

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

What beauties is your favorite haircare line?

Kelly said...

My review of this is up today. I am surprised that in a month I only used a half of a bottle, using 40 pumps every other day. I wonder if my pump is wonky...

Kelly said...

Also, right now I am loving Macadamia Natural Hair - http://www.macadamiahair.com/discover/

It's like Moroccan Oil, but a little better!