What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Preakness Time!


It's Preakness this weekend! Being a Baltimore girl, I thought I would share with you beauties the official drink of this horse race: The Black- Eyed Susan (makes one cocktail)
3/4 ounce Vodka
1 1/4 ounce Early Times Kentucky Whisky
3 ounces sour mix
2 ounces Orange Juice
Shake & serve over ice. Garnish with an orange slice & cherry. Enjoy!
For those of you who prefer a classic Mint Julep while watching your horse races- here you go!
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
8-10 sprigs of fresh mint
Early Times Kentucky Whiskey
Make a simple syrup by boiling the water & sugar together for 5 minutes. Let cool, then add sprigs of mint & refrigerate mixture overnight.
Fill cups with ice, then add 2 ounces of Kentucky Whiskey & one tablespoon of mint syrup to each individual glass. Top with simple syrup, stir & garnish with fresh mint! Cheers to having a great weekend!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

5 comments:

MCW said...

I spent many years at Preakness! Always the infield and always a shit show!!!

dreaming in pink and green said...

LOVE my Black Eyed Susans! So excited for tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, stopping in from the Lady Bloggers Tea Party! Your blog is awesome, thanks for the recipe, I will definitely be trying it out!

Ripped Nylon

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

You know I consider people watching a sport:) Hope you enjoyed the cocktail & welcome to my new reader:)

Scientific Housewife said...

I didn't catch the race but the drinks sound amazing!