What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Make-Up Show

Well I'm back my beauties! NYC at the make-up show was a blur, but a great blur! The show just reinforced why I should be doing make-up for a living. I am in love with it. I must be if the train ride up didn't faze me. Gentlemen, when you are taking public transportation- you are not in your own home. Keep your shoes on!!! I'd also like to thank the woman who was on her cell phone the ENTIRE three hours. Kudos to your battery power sister, but take a breath & make it brief! But I digress... It's always after the show frenzy & the excitement dies down, that you realize you spent a wee bit too much money. Like your mortgage amount! So for the next several days, I'll be giving you a peek into what I picked up. First off Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. We have this line's airbrush make-up & compressor. They are very innovative & made the first water based airbrush make-up that was completely vegan. Other airbrush lines are alcohol based & can be tough on the skin.

I showed restraint on my purchases here, but I knew I wanted to pick up some of their Lip Tars. This product is a favorite of professional artists, especially for editorial work. The consistency is so interesting- incredibly light, yet intensely opaque. I picked up Conquest (L) that will be perfect for creating nude creamy lip shades & Hush (r) a pretty peach shade.

Sorry for the blurry image, but that's what you get I'm taking the picture myself in a rush to get the post up sans caffeine. I wanted to show the product on the lips, because it's so insane! It's such intense pigment, I'm going to have a blast playing with these! I also picked up a grey glitter of theirs called Slate, because even when I'm 80 I'm sure I'll still be rocking out the sparkle!
Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the OCC Lip Tars. I have two of them and they are a little hard for me to wear, but when mixed with the right liner or other color, they are amazing!! So glad you had fun!

Scientific Housewife said...

Welcome back, can't wait to see more!