What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Luminesse


Oh how I wanted to love thee Luminesse! Your promise of one touch air brushing had me at hello. Alas it wasn't meant to be. While this unit was attractive and easy to turn on & off, there was no option to adjust the intensity of the compressor (which propels the foundation.)

In our professional system from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (yes they had me at the name!) the unit has an option for adjusting the force of the spray. There is a very fine line on the Luminesse unit between not spraying anything on your face & planting a big dollop of pigment on your cheek. Imagine you're spray painting something & you put too much paint in one spot... As a make-up artist I spend a good amount of time on my face in the morning. This airbrush added steps, not simplified them. Proper care & maintenance of the actual airbrush gun is important for new users or performance will be affected. So though I'll continue to airbrush clients for their big day or special events, I'll stick to swiping on my beloved True Minerals foundation in my mad dash out the door in the A.M! Luminesse $169

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is quite a contraption! I was so looking forward to reading about how this was your new favorite invention ever...Oh well, back to my own mad dash!
Jennifer
PS: When you have a chance...I want your recommendation for a super moisturizing body lotion. Something non-greasy but thick and absorbs well. Something that smells like heaven would be a bonus. Leave me a note or tweet me your thoughts. Thx!