What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Brazilian Blowout: Acai Straightening Balm

For as much effort I put into my skin, only recently have I started upping the ante with my hair.  I have to admit that effort was initiated by obvious signs of breakage. Hair dryers, straightening irons & the fact that I often wear my hair in a ponytail for work were wreaking havoc on my mane.  When I first squeezed some of of Brazilian Blowout's Acai Protective Thermal Straightening Balm (what a mouthful!) in my hand, I quickly noted the slippery texture due to silicones. Had this been a skincare product, that would have had me running for the hills!  However I was careful to apply it away from my scalp, as I have oily hair & apply it only from the middle to the ends. 

 I immediately noticed its amazing detangling capabilities! My hair is fine & prone to tangling. When your hair is wet, it's at its weakest - with this product my comb glides through my hair with ease. This is a dream- so moms out there try to sneak some of this in your daughter's hair post bath time! During my blowdrys with this product, I rarely even need to straight iron after. The silicone keeps my hair frizz free & smooth without it getting 'stringy' looking. I would say it's ideal for those who have shoulder length hair or longer. It retails for $28 & a little goes a long way into helping you have a good hair day.

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

No comments: