What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Must Have Make-Up Monday: YBF


God Bless the woman who has the courage to go on national tv without any make-up on & her hair in curlers. Yes, this is the sight Stacey Schieffelin presents at each & every one of her Your Best Friend Cosmetics make-up shows on HSN. She then goes through each & every step, applying her products to 'put her face on' in front of the world. I give her serious props- I would never have the *ahem* we'll call it courage to do that.
When I stumbled upon one of her shows recently, they posted a lip set called Baby Lips- in the brief airing it was on, I was intrigued. It was 2 dual ended products that resulted in perfect kissable glossy lips. Any make-up artist knows to create amazing nude glossy lips a minimum of 2 products are needed, often it's more like 4. So I whipped out my credit card to check it out.
It's already a great deal at basically getting 4 products for $24.95, more like $30 when you factor in shipping & handling- oh how I hate s&h charges! The pencil (top 2) has both a neutralizing primer in a concealer tone & a nude toned lip liner in creamy consistencies. The other dual ended product (bottom 2) contains the pink toned stain and nude toned gloss.
Everything falls into the peach color family, except for the stain- which on its own is a rather alarming shocking pink. Don't be fooled by its sheer appearance, it packs a punch! I toned it down with the lipgloss on the other end- it doesn't look that intense in the photo, but I felt a bit like my grandmother in Florida.
Here is what all four products used together looks like. I would definitely use all of them, save the stain on their own in different applications. All in all, I love this set & think it's a steal of a deal. I hope YBF comes out with some other color variations of this idea!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

No comments: