What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Arcona Mandarin Brightening Peel

I am the Queen of exfoliation. Seriously, I always tell my clients it is an essential step in the fight against aging. It's is the key to radiant skin & your other products working more effectively. That being said I often have clients who over do it with aggressive exfoliants & come to me with red, peeling skin. There is a fine line & proper balance in terms of introducing chemical & enzyme exfoliants into your skincare diet. With prescriptions, I recommend slowly incorporating them into your skincare regimens. For those who are new to the game, enter Arcona's new Mandarin Brightening Peel. Never mind the fact that it smells like a cross between an orangesicle & a tropical drink, it's the perfect mild exfoliant as we head into summer. I think the term 'acid' in AHA's scares people from incorporating them into their anti-aging regimen. Acids can in fact be gentle for the skin & offer a host of benefits like reducing the appearance of fine lines, brightening, smoothing texture & are amazing in addressing acne. Besides Glycolic & Lactic acids in Arcona's Mandarin Brightening Peel, the anti-oxidant Lycopene & a unique patented lightening peptide round out the cocktail. Peptides are at the top of most Dermatologist's lists for their anti-inflammatory & anti-aging capabilities. Applied on my face, I felt nary an uncomfortable tingle- which makes me confident recommending it pretty much to all skin types once or twice a week. I even was a renegade & left it on for 10 minutes, versus the 4-6 outlined in the directions. What can I say? I love me some exfoliation!
Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

2 comments:

BmoreLoveLeigh said...

I will definitely have to look into this! I have some pigmentation issues, and have been wondering about products like this. Thanks for sharing!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

You and me both sister! I have heard good things about Elure Skincare for pigmentation, but I haven't gotten my hands on it yet. I do like Skin Ceutical's Pigment Regulator- it specifically focuses on pigmentation. If you're anywhere near Timonium- pop into the spa for a sample:)