What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

LORAC Bejeweled Day & Night Jewelry Box

It's that time of the year *swoon* when some of my favorite lines launch their holiday collections! Armed recently with a 20% Sephora coupon, I did some major damage online. On my list of acquisitions: Lorac's Bejeweled Day & Night Jewelry Box Collection{$56}. I must say when I opened the box my first thought was, " Holy Toddlers and Tiaras!" It looked a little bit more, ahem, elegant online.
I wanted to keep an open mind, as I adore Lorac's buttery shadows. Opening the drawers my hopes lifted a little when I spotted the sparkly day & night palettes.
Upon lifting the top of the Steel Magnolia themed jewelry box, there was a bronzer meant for a giant & 2 rather frosted lipglosses.
Just to be honest, I do love some sparkle as seen here on my cell phone case. The shadow palettes were beautiful on the outside.
But when I opened them, I was disappointed to see how small the actual shadows were. I would have preferred less shades, for a little more product.
Lorac's shadows are lovely. I'm sporting some of the coppery colors from the Day compact.
The Night compact's color shades.
Here's a closer look at the gorgeous shades & actual size, which as you can see most shadow brushes wouldn't fit into completely! I felt like this entire collection had been put into production in a big rush. Quality of product aside(because it is there), this kit just isn't user friendly. Giant bronzers, tiny shadows- the layout is off. The box is not what I would call a keepsake, either. If you want tons of options, in one time use sizing- buy it. Otherwise, skip this one as there are tons of winners that I'll be showing you this holiday season!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

No comments: