What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Must Have Make-Up Monday

Every initial appointment with me for brow shaping ends with a quick tutorial in filling them in. Filling in your brows enhances your existing shape & can give the illusion of fuller brows if yours are sparse. On my vanity at the moment? Brow Guru Anastasia's Beauty Express For Brows and Eyes. Packed into one palette is a setting brow wax, 2 brow powders, 2 highlighting eyeshadows, 5 brow stencils & a brush.


Some brow clients just have light brows in every way- density, texture & color. Filling in the brows is a must in this case, otherwise the face can look very one dimensional. Your brows lift your face & highlight your gorgeous peepers, don't underestimate their importance!

I often say that good brows are a journey- if you've over tweezed, it's unrealistic to get the brows of your dreams in just one visit. Filling in their brows helps the client see the bigger picture & put down the tweezers! I tend to prefer powders over pencil, mainly due to the fact that it looks more natural. Here's a helpful hint, whenever selecting your brow shade in a product go for a universal taupe or blonde. I have jet black brows & I still use the lighter selection in most versions. The goal is to enhance your brows, not look like you've taken a magic marker to them!

Here we were trying out the stencils in the kit. I selected the petite arch brow, since it fit her existing shape the best.

I have to admit, both of us were surprised as how great the stencil turned out!

For comparison: ( left) both the wax & stencil were used with the powder (right) just the powder was used for a softer look. The wax intensifies the shade a bit, but also locks the color into place. Jodi said even after washing her face, the product stayed put!
Here are my brows with nothing in them (sorry it looks like I'm giving the evil eye!)
Ahhh much better! I actually feel naked without my brow powder, cat eye & heaps of mascara! While I have pretty good brows to begin with, filling them in takes them to the next level. You can also see how the blonde shade from this kit still works very naturally with my dark hair. If you feel brow challenged- this kit is the perfect place to start taking your brows to the next level!

Peace. Love. Brow Whisperer. M
*product gifted for review

No comments: