What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Make-Up Show



I don't know about you, but I love the whole vibe of Stila. I love it's whimsical packaging, but I don't use a huge amount of their entire line- just a shadow here & multiple lipglosses there! I wanted to try their new One Step foundation so I picked that up. This new formula claims to be a primer, foundation, concealer & powder in one! The verdict? Pretty impressive! The texture is almost mousse like without feeling like a huge amount of silicone is in it. Silicone is what gives most primers their slippery, glass like feel. Oily skin people like moi don't tend to love that feeling. It covered beautifully with medium to full coverage. I did use my regular under eye concealer, because, well I have some serious sleep deprivation!

I also picked up three of their new Smudge Stick Waterproof Gel liners at the urging of fellow blogger, Gouldylox. She is obsessed with them, as were the make-up artists at the show. These were the only shades left out of eight! You can see the subtle, but beautiful sparkle in them.


Here are swatches from what I scooped up. The liners are great- creamy & intense. I'm still on the quest for a liner for the inner rim of my lower lash line that just won't budge. I have had bad allergies the last couple of days, but for the most part these liners are holding their own amidst watery eyes! I'm very happy with my foray into Stila land & will definitely be trying more of their new launches.

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

3 comments:

Kelly said...

These liners are the only ones that didn't budge on me! I LUERVE THEM! I can't find Purple Tang in stores anywhere and I need that! I am now obsessed with Silver Dollar, the silver color. It's like putting platinum lame' on your eyes and it doesn't budge. On the inner rim, it adds almost a clear reflective quality. The One Step is nice too! Stila is becoming a brand I really, really like.

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I was so impressed, too! I have a feeling you're going to pick one of those eyeliners up in every color!

Scientific Housewife said...

They look great, I haven't tried Stila before.