What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Make-Up Show

I know that brush cleaner doesn't sound that exciting of a purchase. But, I must adore Cinema Secrets brand to lug heavy bottles of it all day at the Make-Up Show. How often do you clean your brushes? Really clean them, not just a tissue wipe? Good brushes are an essential tool in creating flawless make-up application, but they're an investment. I still have a Virgin Russian Squirrel hair brush from over a decade ago that set me back over $100. My first question was, how do you know the squirrel was in fact a virgin, but I digress...

Regular cleaning maintains your brushes & keeps them in good shape for years of use. If you are acne prone like me, clean brushes will help keep your skin clear- most people don't think that dirty brushes might be a culprit. You can also use a gentle baby shampoo, but whatever you use make sure not to get liquid inside the metal portion that anchors the bristles...You don't want to loosen the glue or your brush will start shedding. Gently squeeze excess liquid out of the bristles, reshape if necessary, then lie flat on a paper towel until dry. When you get a good quality cleaner, you'll be both horrified & amazed at how much product comes out!
Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

3 comments:

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I can't believe no one's judging me on how much make-up was in my brushes!

Scientific Housewife said...

That is a lot of makeup, haha! I use soap to clean my brushes but I wonder if it matters what kind, probably does.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Thanks for the reminder lady! I just so happen to have quite a supply of baby shampoo. : )