What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Finding Gold: Kerastase Initialiste


There's a whole new approach to hair as of late- more of a skincare approach.  There are more serums & oils on the market that sound just like they would belong in your normal skincare regimen. In the past, the focus has been on the ends- but now that's shifted. Because the hair at the end is dead, the way to improve the overall quality of your hair is by treating it at the scalp.
Though I've used many of Kerastase's serums on my hair, often it's from mid shaft to the ends. Initialiste is literally a scalp treatment first & foremost - which made me hesitant, as my hair at the roots is rather oily. The serum however is much different from the Oleo Relax or treatments oils I've used from them in the past. It has a light watery texture & shockingly helped my hair look less greasy, with more volume at the roots on the nights I skipped a shampoo- so go figure. I don't know if I've seen results to warrant $60, when due to this product's texture I use way more of it versus their oil based serums. With their oils, one pump goes a long way in a 4.7 ounce bottle.  Initialiste is only 2.2 ounces, it's a nice product- but the jury's still out on whether I'd purchase it again.
 
Peace. Love. Lipgloss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been reading your site for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Lubbock Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the great work!

My blog my review here