What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Glammies!

Happy New Year's Eve my beauties! Are my gorgeous girleens getting gussied up for this evening's festivities? What are your go to products for glamming it up? Welcome to the 1st annual Glammies, my glamour awards featuring products that I couldn't live without this year! I try a LOT of beauty products, I just can't stop myself! This year's top honors go to:

Urban Decay's 24/7 liners(above). At last count I had over a dozen of these lip & eyeliners known for their amazing staying power. Perfect for lining the inner rim or waterline of your eye, which I feel is a must in creating the perfect smokey eye.


J'adore Illamasqua's cake liner- it's rich & decadent. I get the most fabulous jet black cat eye ever from this line from the U.K. that recently made its debut stateside. I am tapping my foot impatiently waiting for the launch of new colors, as I have all 3.





Being True Mineral Foundation (above) for it's natural gorgeous coverage, SPF 17 & anti-aging anitoxidants that are infused with the minerals. My go to for each & every day!


Being True Blush in Apricot- this imparts the most perfect peachy glow, while the esthetician in me loves that it's mineral makeup & good for my skin!


I recently discovered this finishing powder due to its rave reviews across the board from fellow make-up artists. It glides on, reduces the appearance of your pores, fine line & wrinkles- all while leaving your skin touchably soft!


Don't let the bright yellow of the Correcteur shade fool you. This Lancome concealer is perfect for neutralizing the redness resulting from pimples or broken capillaries, while having the sheerest of texture. I always have a few tubes on hand.



After recently trying several shadow primers(stay tuned for my review), I am sold on Trish McEvoys. It leaves the lid smooth while offering enough coverage to use it without shadow. On my days off I throw this & mascara on...it makes such a difference.


This undereye concealer from Clinique packs a lot of coverage in a tiny tube. Even the most stubborn undereye circles are no match! Added bonus? It moisturizes while helping with puffiness. Woo hoo!


This lip lacquer from Paul & Joe is our latest obsession at the spa. It brightens the face instantly with a super glossy, yet sheer wash of color. It is delicious & a best seller.





The Matte side of this highlighting pencil is heaven. Use it on the brow bone to wake up your eyes or on the lid as a shadow base. I heart this pencil so! Tell me gals...what is your most favorite product? What deserves a Glammie in your book? Comment & be entered to win a mini brow kit from Anastasia that includes a mini of my beloved Camilla Highlighting Pencil. Have fun tonight Gorgeous Girls!


Peace. Love. Glammies. M

12 comments:

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

FYI- Being True and Paul & Joe products are available at www.peacelovelipgloss.com . All the rest at mega store Sephora!

Scientific Housewife said...

Wow, what a great collection of makeup esssentials, now I really want to try them out! I love Everyday Minerals powders because it's the only mineral powder I've found that doesn't have bismuth oxychloride in it, which breaks me out. I also mainly use drugstore makeup but love Laura Mercier's Secret Camoflauge concealer.

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I'll have to check out Everyday Minerals! Is it at drugstores? Happy New Years!

BroncoMom said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas. I must say that your list provides some ideas that I had not previously thought of for my own personal use.
Happy New Year!

MCW said...

I am going to try to follow your directions for a smoky eye! May look black and blue...but, will try!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Good luck Girl! Rock that smokey Eye out!

Jules said...

You’re really selling me on the Urban Decay liners. I’m terrible at doing the inner rim and this might just help. The mineral blush and foundation sound great too. I’m all for the natural stuff. I could also use a new concealer and must make a stop at the Lancome counter next time I’m in Nordstrom or Macy’s. The Paul & Joe lipgloss and the highlighting pencil looks great too. Thanks for posting!

My favorite product this year was my Bare Escentuals bareVitamins Prime Time Primer. It’s so velvety and gives such a smooth finish.

Happy New Year!

Jules said...

I had to add this too. My favorite lipgloss of the year was Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Trenchcoat Beige #137. It is the perfect shade and it was very hard to get my hands on. I found it on Neiman's website and need to stockpile ;)

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I will have to try & sccop up that Dior gloss if you're stockpiling, that's a sign I have to have it! I just discovered Bourjois' new lip gloss(in my make-up bag image) it is fabulous!

Jules said...

Thanks for the tip on the Bourjois'. I'll have to look for it next time I'm out shopping. Lipgloss is such a weakness of mine!

Kellie's Camera said...

Without a doubt Dear John mositurizer by Benefit. Nothing..nothing..nothing compares to it IMO. I ran out of it on vacation and went to three malls spending an hour on the road in search of it. It smells great..feels great..and I seriously cannot live without it!!

kellierosewilson (@) hotmail.com

Thanks!!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I will have to try that Dear John moisturizer- is it ok for oily skin? What type of skin do you have?