What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Make-Up Must Have Monday

There is nothing better than coming home to a Sephora box on your doorstep! Cue Angels singing after a rough day at work! I take full advantage of their Friends & Family discount when offered to scoop up products from my wish list! Even better? Scoring this beautiful Kat Von D palette as a VIB beauty bonus! The texture is very wearable & perfectly on trend for the season with the rich purple.

I had read rave reviews about both of these products & I must admit they didn't disappoint! Dior's Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm is sheer & hydrating. And let's face it, every girl feels more glam pulling Dior out of their make-up bag! Fekkai's Ironless Straightening Balm is light & smells amazing. I put a little on wet hair & it makes my hair much more sleek.

This is the make-up I selected... I must admit I'm becoming a huge fan of Illamasqua! Their black cake liner is divine, I'm going to grab every color. I tried their eyeshadow in Shiver, which is a perfect golden nude highlighting color. Kevin Aucoin's Flesh Tone Lip Pencil was a smidge too dark in color for me thought the texture & staying power was great. Duwop's DoubleGlow 7 was as I feared not the right fit for my oily skin. Nice texture, nice glow- it just didn't stay put. I guess I was hoping upon application I would have Mandy Moore's perfectly dewy cheeks! The hands down winner of the group is Make-Up Forever's HD Powder. Don't be frightened by the clown white of the powder, it just makes your skin look better. Light as air on the skin, a few swipes on the face & everything looks more refined. I think all skin types will be happy with it- I know I was! What's your favorite new product my beauties?
Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

3 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I love reviews like this. I am so makeup challenged!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Hope I can help steer you in the right direction for your next purchase:)

Amanda B. Young said...

I'm makeup challenged as well... but Sephora is like the beauty jackpot. I usually walk in and say "I want to look like that" and they'll steer me in the right direction. Love that place, but my credit card doesn't. :)