What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Mani Monday

I've been going through quite a bit of a green phase lately in all aspects of my style. Usually I'm quite the creature of habit- my wardrobe is pretty much all black. I also usually stick to wearing my beloved OPI Midnight In Moscow for my mani/pedi, because it makes me feel just a little bit naughty. Or dangerous. Or a little bit of both.
I credit Kyle Richards of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for my green kick, because she wears emerald green so stunningly. So when Chanel launched their Fall 2011 collection, I was smitten with Peridot- it was almost hypnotizing the way the color seemed to move. When I tried it on however, with my skintone it looked less like jewels & more like jaundice!

Zoya's Edyta caught my eye though- the color being the best of both worlds. It is a hybrid of khaki & gunmetal with a swirl of gold throughout. I showed it with my flash on above, just so you get a feel for how it catches the light. I have been scooping up more Zoya polishes than ever before due to their color selection & how the lacquer applies. This is the first time I've used regular polish since I removed my Shellac(detailed write up of the experience is to come.) The polish has chipped just a bit earlier than usual with my OPI Ridge Filler & Seche Vite combo, but my nails might be a bit brittle. All in all , I think the color is quite hip- what do you think Beauties?


Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

4 comments:

Victoria said...

pretty color. I read somewhere (i think on the FB page for Zoya) that that topcoat doesn't work as well with there polish, several people said it does chip sooner than expected.

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Thanks for the info Vic- I love my Seche Vite. I do love Zoya's colors- but with natural nails I am so not painting them more than once a week!

MarciaF (Beauty Info Zone) said...

I reviewed Peridot today. I didn't think it would work with my very cool coloring but happily it does. I love those Zoya shades you reviewed though so the next time they have a special... well credit card will be used!

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I hear ya! My visa card was burned up over the weekend at Sephora!!!