What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Fabulous Finds Friday

Any make-up artist will stress to you the importance of good brushes. Though they're often an investment- good brushes, when properly cared for can easily last a decade. Every now & then you find a brush that you adore- as I do this obnoxiously orange limited edition brush that I received in a Bare Escentuals kit a while back. I love it so much, I almost had a panic attack when I misplaced it following a recent off site event. It's almost like a dense kabuki brush, but made for the eyes. Luckily whilst shopping at Target, I stumled upon this version. I know I'm not alone in the fact that I seriously just went in for toilet paper & left having spent about $100!
The brush alone would have cost me $9.99, but there was a collection with three that was only $24.99- so I justified it to myself & of course scooped it up. I love the brush because it almost does all the work for you in terms of blending. Its bristles are densely packed and the size fits perfectly in the crease of the eye. All you need to do is a simple windshield wiper motion for near foolproof contouring!
The trio is completed with an overall face brush & shadow brush. A friend of mine, who's also a professional make-up artist has a set from Sonia Kashuk from before she launched at Target. I literally have brush envy it is so stunning. However, Sonia's collection for Target is well made & the brushes look like artwork with their sculptural silhouettes. Their shape is practical though, they fit the curve of your hand for more comfortable use. Two thumbs up.

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I might haveto check those out the next time I'm at Target. I finally found the MB blush you talked about a few weeks ago! you are not good for my wallet, but so good for my face!

Joey said...

Oh I love this brush. I have this problem where every time I go to Target I have to buy a Sonia Kashuk brush...eep!