What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Friday, March 1, 2013

Fabulous Finds Friday: NYX

As I previously mentioned I have been loving chubby lip pencils lately.  They're what I reach for when I'm in a rush in the morning, which is pretty much always. They're the perfect hybrid of lip pencil & lipstick + a hint of gloss, since they're often sheerer than traditional lipstick.
I decided to try out NYX's offerings, though a little hesitant. While I adore many of their intensely pigmented eye & cheek colors, their glosses are so heavily Cherry fragranced I am reminded of cough syrup & want to dry heave. Alright they're not that bad, but it's too scented for sure! I purchased their Jumbo Lip Pencil in #721 Soft Fuschia (top) & #719 Pecan (bottom.)
Here I am sporting #721 on the top & #719 on the bottom. Of course I picked 2 very soft, neutral shades that are great building pieces in creating a nude lip or wearing alone. I'm pleased to say the colors really stay put, without being drying! After a few hours & soup for lunch, I looked up to find a nice portion still left on my pucker. Nyx offers 24 shades of this product & I can't wait to experiment with a few more. They already fall into my steals & deals category as they're only $4.50 a piece. I scored an even better deal by scooping them up during a BOGO half off at Ulta! I say pick up a few & draw away.

Peace. Love. Lipgloss.

No comments: