What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Make-Up Must Have Monday: Make Up For Ever Black Tango

I first spotted Make Up For Ever's Black Tango Palette when I was in Italy a few weeks ago. They were sold out of it & I panicked that it wouldn't be available in the U.S.  Luckily it is. The palette includes 4 Aqua Cream shadows- which is are so creamy & delicious they easily apply as liners. Here I sport the emerald hue on my top lash line & the navy on my bottom lash line.
I was a bit apprehensive of the reddish hue- since I feel pinks & reds near the eye can make them appear bloodshot.  But the shade is a deep black plum that's very wearable.  I covered my entire lid with it while playing with Halloween looks. Make-Up For Ever is such a great brand in that they offer truly theatrical grade coverage & colors without the heavy feel. This shade reminds me a bit of my beloved go to nail color- OPI's Midnight In Moscow.  I used the white shade in the palette as a highlighter.
All of the shades sparkle like jewels on the skin.  Since the deeper shades are all blended with black- it's a great palette to step out of your comfort zone a bit from basic blacks & browns.
The compact itself is a work of art, like a Japanese paint box.  It states on the compact to close each pot tightly, which I make sure to do since I noticed the tester on display at Sephora had dried out a little.  The textures & intensity make this palette a must have. It's also a great value at $45, when individual Aqua Creams (though larger) retail for $23 each.  I say put it on your holiday wish list!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss.

No comments: