What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Polish Pic{k}s

I can honestly say I don't think I've ever purchased a Lancome Polish in my life- which is saying something! From looking at their website, however the fact that they had only 6 shade options probably explains why. When I caught a glimpse of Le Vernis 23, it had to be mine. The color in the bottle is a mesmerizing brown with golden shimmer. The bottle was so petite, I couldn't read its name, but if it had one it should be Sexual Chocolate- seriously it's that pretty. It was just different enough from everything else that's in my polish arsenal, that I scooped it up. As you can see, the bottle is quite tiny & I believe I paid $15 {or maybe $19} for it. I couldn't even find this shade on their website.
Trying to capture the gorgeous color in a photo proved very difficult & as I mentioned the shade isn't even on the Lancome site to link to. On the nails, it doesn't translate as richly as I'd hoped, either. To the naked eye it looks more like black, which I'm fine with- I love dark nails. I just really wished the dimension that appears in the bottle would have appeared on my mani. Maybe when the sun hits it, its beauty will be revealed. I'll post as to its wearability in the comments section in a few days. Has any else tired any Lancome polishes?

Peace. Love. Polish. M

No comments: