What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Make-Up Must Have Monday

You beauties often ask what mascaras I use on my peepers & often it is a 'sandwich' of products. Currently I start with the first 'slice' of bread being L'Oreal's Voluminous Mascara, then comes the 'meat'- which is always my beloved Mally Volumizing Mascara, topped with the last 'slice' of bread which at the moment is Revlon's Grow Luscious Mascara.

I do this for a few reasons, first because my skin is so oily{& I loathe waterproof mascaras} that I find certain mascaras transfer less. Those end being the last step in the sandwich. Certain mascaras & their brushes separate & coat each individual lash better- those end up being the first slice in the sandwich. The meat, well Mally's mascara just multiplies the appearance of lashes like none other I've found.
When clients ask me what I recommend mascara wise, I always hesitate because mascara is such a personal preference. The brush is often just as important as the actual product! A staple for most make-up artists is Maybelline's Great Lash, but you will never find that in my kit. I call that brush the 'frozen yogurt swirl' brush & it just doesn't separate lashes enough for me. There is a new concept entering the market though, that just may be on to something. MAC's new Haute & Naughty Lash basically offers 2 different brush experiences in one. By pulling the pink brush out, you have a very good brush at separating & defining your lashes without delivering a lot of product.

You then can add some extra oomph to the outer lashes by pulling the purple sparkly brush which offers considerably more product. One could also use the pink for daytime looks & the purple for night. Definitely an interesting idea, that works very well. I will be curious as to whether all that brush interchanging will dry out the mascara quicker, but as of now- it gets two thumbs up.

Peace. Love. Lashes. M

No comments: