What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tom Ford

When on vacation, don't you girls spend just a little bit more than you would at home? I guess I take on a c'est la vie attitude & scoop up some treats that I would talk myself out of back in the real world. While on vacation over the holiday weekend I picked up Tom Ford's Private Blend Lipstick. Since I'm a lipgloss gal, it made no sense for me to pick up a rather steep $45 lipstick- but as I mentioned I was enjoying my vacation 'high.' The colors I picked are creamy mattes. Don't think super parched pucker, since your lips won't be dry- but they most certainly won't be shiny(though in the ad campaign they look like vinyl.) I, of course needing shine on my lips like a plant needs water, will be topping with gloss!

I picked up Blush Nude for myself & Cherry Lush as a treat for my mom. My shade is a great building block for a nude lip & Cherry Lush is a true old Hollywood blue red. On my skin tone Blush Nude has a concealer like effect on my natural lip color. It would leave me a bit washed out on it's own, but when topped with Becca's Rosita lipgloss- it's perfection.
I picked it up at Neiman Marcus & lucky me they were starting their beauty event! This of course meant I needed to have 'said' gift, since I am a free gift wh**e. I scooped up some new Cleu de Peau launches that they're mailing to me. With any $100 purchase you'll receive a rather 'blah' bag, but it's filled with deluxe samples! The event is until Match 8th, so it's the perfect time to stock up on your tried & true faves. I'll show you my other goodies when they arrive!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

3 comments:

Susan said...

I simply love the classic color you chose for the lipstick. gorgeous!

http://shesays-susan.blogspot.com/

Scientific Housewife said...

That is a great color, it's probably one I would have chose :)

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Thanks girleens, I do always tend to go for subtle nudes....which is why I should show more restraint, since I have too many:)