What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Friday, May 31, 2013

MicrodermMD by Trophy Skin


When I discuss exfoliation with my clients in terms of it being a must & incorporating it into their regimens, most of them think of old school apricot scrubs. There are many types of exfoliation: chemical, enzymatic & manual- like a scrub. Microdermabrasion is a popular professional, yet pricey treatment that polishes the skin like glass while stimulating circulation for an added glow.
The MicrodermMD personal microdermabrasion unit brings that professional treatment into the convenience of your home.  As an esthetician, I know that exfoliation is an essential key to optimal skin health. It reduces the appearance of fine lines, evens out skin tone & allows the other products you apply to work more effectively.
This machine is perfect as we head into summer, as I always advise my clients to taper off from aggressive chemical exfoliants if they know they're going to be outside a lot. The unit comes with filters & a cleansing brush. I also love that there's mirror located in the unit so you're not limited to just using it in front of the vanity. Just cleanse your face thoroughly & you're ready to go.
If the entire concept intimidates you, the computer screen built into the unit even steps you where to place the exfoliating wand during treatment. I like to support my skin with my other hand, while performing the treatment. If you have a teen in your life who isn't consistent with their skincare regimen & their skin looks clogged- this would be a great parent-teen ritual on Sunday nights to help get their skin clearer. Pregnant & nursing mothers can rejoice- as you can use this! Expecting mothers are advised against using Vitamin A, salicylic acid & other high percentage acids- yet struggle with hormonal breakouts. The only people who might not be an ideal candidate for MicrodermMD would be those with open breakouts or on people with severe rosacea. As for me I love sitting on my couch, watching my Bravo shows & getting my glow on!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss.
*Gifted for Review

No comments: