As an esthetician I deal with the devastating effects of sun damage with my clients on a daily basis. I'm not even talking about it today from a vanity standpoint- which trust me Beauties once you hit your 30's you'll find out on your own. I'm talking about Melanoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma & Squamous Cell Carcinoma that I've seen with clients as early as their 20's have to deal with. I don't think I'm the only one who's noticed that our environment & our weather is changing. That directly effects what our skin is subject to. Dr. Drew Shindell explains that UV exposure increases by about 33% for every 20% ozone layer loss. The end result is a roughly 33% increase in the rate of skin cancer. That means that the statistic that more than one in five Americans will deal with it in their lifetime is rising. Luckily the majority of my female clients are really aware of the dangers that are out there & are consistent with their use of SPF, my male clients I struggle more with.
Which twin do you think worshipped the sun?
I always say ran or shine - apply it face, neck/decollete & hands 365 days a year. May is Skin Care Awareness month & today is Melanoma Monday. In honor or bringing awareness to this issue, I've partnered with Neutrogena to give one lucky winner a set of 6 of their fabulous sunscreens valued at over $60. Instructions on how to enter are listed below. So forget the sunblocks of a decade ago, today's technology is lighter in texture (no breakouts with Neutrogena's Clear Face Liquid SPF 55- woo hoo!) & much easier to use. Always try to apply 20 minutes before you head out & reapply- most people never do, which is why the sprays like Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer are so convenient. Remember- healthy skin is beautiful skin!
Peace. Love. Lipgloss.
*To enter leave a comment, for additional entries follow me on twitter: @peacelovegloss , or like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PeaceLoveandLipgloss . Then list the tally in the comments section. Please have an interacting Twitter handle & not one set up exclusively for giveaways. Giveaway is open to US residents 18 years of older. Contest will wrap 5/12/13 & winner will be listed on my Facebook page- you can then email me your mailing address. Giveaway is mailed from corporate so I have no control over shipping times. Now for even more legal stuff which also applies to the Beauty Blog Coalition Giveaway.
1. All entrants agree to provide the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorized agent with proof of identity, residency, age and/or proof of entry validity if selected as the Prize winner/s or if reasonably requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorized agent. Proof of age, identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that the Prize winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
2. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any changes in dates, times or cancellations or other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winner from winning the Prize.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before the awarding of the Prizes to cancel or vary the Competition or to vary or cancel the award of the Prizes including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion (which it shall form in its absolute discretion): (a) a Prize winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or (b) the Promoter cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize/s for any reason beyond its control.
4. In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Competition or varies or withdraws the Prizes it shall not:
(a) be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; and (b) be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
5. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt of the entry into the Promoter’s database and NOT time of transmission by the entrant. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for any delays to entry caused by technical disruptions or malfunctions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for outdated or incorrect contact details or contact details by which the entrant cannot be contacted during business hours on the relevant dates.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prize that are damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the award of prize/s to, and/or to disqualify any individual who, as determined in the sole discretion of the Promoter, has breached these terms and conditions or who has otherwise engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardize the fair conduct of the Competition.
8. Entrants are advised that their personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and their names as the winner may be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
9. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants enter the Competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking the Prize or entering the Competition.