What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Not Again!!!!!

In Memoriam: Covergirl Multiplying Mascara 2006-2009 Oh my beauties, I have suffered 2 devastating losses to my personal beauty arsenal this year. First was my beloved Joey lip liner, now we bid adieu to my long time companion- Covergirl Multiplying Mascara. I blame myself- I do. I spread the word about Joey- it was written up in a local mag as one of my faves, but I kept this mascara a secret. Not to brag, but I am a trendsetter(was even voted it in 6th grade)... but sometimes when I let on about my favorites, I cease to be able to find them around town. I was selfish- I should have done more! In a desperate attempt, I contacted a Junior League friend who works for Proctor & Gamble who had to break it to me gently.-"It was pulled off shelves in January- do you have any friends or family I can call for you?" Frantic pleas to buy remaining stock left me empty handed. Now I cherish the six tubes I was able to score off of Ebay like precious diamonds.
Now the quest begins anew. The Joey journey has proven unsuccessful, but these two mascaras are beginning to woo me. This Paul & Joe Duo Mascara has two different applicators & formulas so you can become your very own mix master. The comb helps separates while the other end adds delicate fibers (not spider lashes) to add the appearance of volume. I will be quite frank in saying I draw the line at a $30 mascara(for that price it should clean my house as well!) Especially since one should replace every 2-3 months. $26 http://www.peacelovelipgloss.com/

The Mally Mascara claims that what makes it different is "the combination of natural waxes and carefully-chosen powders gives lashes an instant boost. The plush combing brush works with the powders in the formula to help thicken lashes without clumping, giving you gorgeous volume that lasts and lasts." I struggled with the formula when the tube was brand new (as a make-up artist I'm a goldie locks...I hate brand new tubes, but wait too long and the product becomes too dry. About a week in is when it become just right) I have been layering this on top of a coat of my Covergirl to start the weaning process to rave reviews. 2 for $24 http://www.qvc.com/
So girls help a friend out- any suggestions?
Peace. Love. Mourning My Mascara. M



No comments: