What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Garnier Fructis Pure Volume Dry Shampoo

 Being a girl is a lot of work, so is having long hair. Where I once shampooed every day, I now stretch it to every other day out of sheer laziness & the fact that it's supposed to actually be better for your hair. The dry shampoo phenomonon makes me feel a bit like Goldilocks- most are way too powdery white versus translucent & leave my hair looking like a brown & white tabby cat.  Never the less, seeing how my favorite one by Oribe is over $30- the search continues for what I call a cheap & cheerful version! In my quest, I recently picked up Garnier's Pure Volume Dry Shampoo at the drugstore.
The spray aerosol smells like Watermelon bubble gum, not in a bad way- just fruity. The issue lies a bit with it leaving my brunette locks looking a little like those of Cruella De Ville. With dry shampoos, I tend to apply several sprays throughout my scalp to refresh it & add volume.  Though  the powder in this (& most dry shampoos) leaves my brown hair looking rather ashy. I definitely feel this product would be a no brainer for those with light colored hair. For those of us with dark hair, it's still a good value- though my search continues. What I do with the Garnier Pure Volume Dry Shampoo, is use the spray before bedtime on the nights when I'm not washing my hair & massage it into my scalp. That way, while I sleep the powder has a chance to absorb oil & not look so white against my dark hair in the morning.

Peace. Love. Lipgloss.

1 comment:

Amanda H. said...

Batiste has a dry shampoo for brunettes. Its got colored pigment in it. Granted I have blonde hair, but I use their blonde pigmented one because even regular ones leave my hair ashy. And its $7 tops depending on where you buy. Its my go to dry shampoo.