What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Nars: Larger Than Life Lip Gloss

For some reason the 'doe' foot or sponge applicator that come with most lipglosses just never makes me as happy as a brush applicator.  These day the majority of lines have switched to doe foot applicators to eliminate the occasional brush fraying & to cut costs. So I was thrilled to discover at The Make-Up Show, that Nars Cosmetics' newly launched Larger Than Life Lip Gloss collection had brushes! Rejoice!  I feel brushes deliver more gloss & more precisely.  From the top I scooped up (t)Born This way, (c)Spring Break & (b)Piree.
These glosses definitely deliver on the high impact shine that they promise.  It has a substantial texture, but isn't very tacky or too thick.  Its staying power also impressed me, we all know most glosses wear off in an instant.  This sticks around for a while. My pick of my haul is definitely Piree. It's my lips, but oh so much better. Born This Way & Spring Break are rather pale, so the might wash people out.  They offer a nice opacity to them.  I'll use those shades in my professional kit in case I need to modify any lip looks I create. The collection includes 12 shades & I will definitely go back for some more. In fact I have my eye on 3 other shades- you know I'm an addict!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

No comments: