What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Polish Pic{k}s


So when I spotted Layla's Hologram Effect nail polish in Ulta I was intrigued. Though I usually favor dark color on my hands, I'm a glutton for special effects. Hologram is an avenue I haven't experienced before so I scooped it up- at a rather pricey $15.50 for a small bottle.  I normally draw the line at @$9 for my OPI & Essie polishes, unless I have to have a particular Chanel shade.   
As much as I wanted to fall in love with this polish, it just didn't cooperate. I buffed my nails (recommended) then used a ridge filler.  The first coat was very sheer and oddly matte.  The polish also had little globs in it that made it difficult to maneuver
 Usually the second coat hides all sins for me, but it was a bit streaky & then dried down to the same weird matte finish.  I topped with a clear top coat & thought I managed to salvage the manicure - not scrap it & have to start over with a different polish.  

 However upon inspection the next day, the polish looked so streaky that I ended up topping it with my trusty OPI for Sephora shimmery champagne color.  My only thought was that the chemical make-up of the polish was doing something odd with my topcoat, since it was already starting to turn matte again.  I then had chipping rather early on, too! I'm sad to report this polish was a total bust for moi in terms of performance! Has any one else tried it?

Peace. Love. Polish. M

1 comment:

Merrybelly said...

Pretty! I like the color :)
Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com