What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Elizabeth Arden Blender Brush

Alright so maybe I had unrealistic expectations of this Elizabeth Arden Blender Brush($15) from the get go. I assumed it would be basically a mini version of my beloved Beauty Blender on a handle, that would let me get into tighter areas with more convenience. Alas, that was not the case at all.
These 2 sponges couldn't be more different. The Elizabeth Arden one was so stiff, it was hard to work with. There was no give with the applicator when trying to apply my foundation, so the stipling method used with my Beauty Blender for a seamless finish left me with dots of foundation all over with the Elizabeth Arden version. I tried wetting it, but still when trying to use it on my undereye area- it felt hard & not very comfortable. It also poses a bit of a challenge to clean successfully. Such high hopes dashed. Now I feel guilty for straying- I'm sad to say I'd take a pass on this one, Beauties.

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

4 comments:

weheartbeautyblog said...

Too bad! It does seem like it would be such a great product. Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to pass on this next time I'm looking for brushes.

xox Lara of http://weheartbeauty.com

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I was really disappointed- I had expected a new love affair myself!

mynewestaddiction said...

Really good to know... gosh.. if the beauty blender came on a handle I would be incredibly impressed :D

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

I know Laura Jean- I did a little happy dance because I thought that's what it would be- a beauty blender on a handle:( On another note Beauty Blender has come out with a skin care sponge!