What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Easy Holiday Party Favors

As promised this is the easiest little tutorial to make holiday favors with peppermint bark! Besides holiday, you could easily change the cookie cutter to suit the themes of a baby or bridal shower.
First, I melted dark chocolate in the microwave. To cut down on mess, I used a gallon Ziplock bag for easy clean-up! When melting chocolate, microwave at medium heat at 30 second intervals. I massaged the bag at each interval to prevent the chocolate from burning & ensure even melting.
When it was uniformly heated, I snipped the end off the Ziplock & began piping the chocolate into the cookie cutters. This step will be covered, so it doesn't have to be gorgeous. You just want to make sure it's touching the sides of the cookie cutter.
Let the dark chocolate cool. Then on to the white chocolate, repeating the same melting process as with the dark. I used Wilton melting candies that I already had on hand for this step.
Same as before, you now pipe the white chocolate on top of the dark. Again, it doesn't have to look perfect since you'll be topping it with the peppermint. This is such a fun project to do with kids, too!
Unwrap & place candy canes in another Ziplock.
After unleashing the day's frustration out on the candy canes, this is what you are left with. I used a soup can to pound the bag out on the sidewalk.
Press the broken candy cane pieces into the white chocolate, while it's still warm.
Voila! To keep this project affordable, since I was making a lot of them I went to the Dollar Store for the cookie cutters. The metal tree cutter in the center was $1, but then I found the plastic ones you see in the tutorial that came 6 in a pouch for $1- score! Of course, on the other end of the spectrum you could do copper cookie cutters to make the favors more elegant.
Here they are wrapped & ready for holiday giving in a festive basket at the spa! For my first time making them, they turned out very pretty & they were a big hit. Let me know if you make these, I'd love to see your pictures!

Peace. Love. Peppermint Bark. M

No comments: