What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Centerpiece Class

This week I went to a Thanksgiving Centerpiece decorating class at my favorite floral studio, Crimson & Clover. Seriously could you ever be sad being surrounded by such beautiful flowers? This bounty was ours for the taking in terms of selection for our arrangement- my eyes went straight to those gorgeous coral roses!
I went with Mrs. Everglam {my nickname as she's always so stylish!} to the class, she's moving to Chicago *sigh* in just two weeks... I'm trying to soak up every moment I can with her! With white wine at our side we began the arranging process.
Each student had the option of choosing a longer style centerpiece or a more modern arrangement in a square glass vase. Mrs. Everglam & I both went with the longer style, which you can see at right started of as a brick shaped piece of oasis. We started by using greens at the bottom to cover the oasis base. Then we selected the top focal point flowers- I went with these mint green hydrangeas. I wanted to go with white hydrangeas, but was told the white tend to not be as hardy. From there, we kept inserting smaller blooms until the centerpiece became full & lush.
It was fascinating to see everyone's pieces evolve & take shape as the night went on. Here was the work station at the end of the night with everyone's arrangements.
Mrs. Everglam went with a vibrant burst of autumnal colors, sprigs of berries & even a pomegranate completed the look.
Here's my masterpiece! I love it- yet it's not at all what I originally thought I would do. It's funny how the arrangement took on a life of it's own. I would love to tell you the names of the ball things & the drapey stuff- but alas I have no idea what they're called!
An aerial shot of the centerpiece to show off the two gilded pheasant feathers I added for a little sass! I hope you & those you love having a Happy Thanksgiving!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

No comments: