What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Glammies

Happy New Years beauties! Can you believe how quickly this year flew bye? So many beauty products, so little time. Speaking of time, it's time for my annual Glammies Awards, where I pick out the products that have impressed me the most this year. While not a new launch, Paul & Joe Beaute's Eye Gloss is like Tinkerbell's Magic Wand to moi! Normally I would shy away from anything creamy on my lids since I have such oily skin. This product imparts the most angelic, Celestial(which is my favorite shade) glow when gently patted on the lid. Anyone I show it to falls in love with it & you can't beat its ease of use!

Revlon's PhotoReady Foundation is my new go to everyday foundation personally & professionally. I have every shade in my kit & always turn to it for brides. The light texture doesn't break me out, gives great coverage & is specially formulated with light reflecting pigments to ensure it photographs well. It's a steal at just under $14, but often you can find it on sale. I wear shade 003, with a dollop of 004 in it.



I use my foundation with the Beauty Blender Sponge. I'll be honest, I bought this once before & never read the instructions, so I wasn't that impressed for a $20 sponge. Yes there are instructions, you dampen the sponge with water and pat it on your face with your foundation and pure magic happens. A flawless, airbrush like quality can be achieved with any liquid foundation that makes it worth every penny.

Yes it looks borderline neon pink, but both the Powder Pink & Peony shades of blush from Bobbie Brown give the most lovely "just came in from the cold" flush. I turn to these shades so much when I'm doing cool toned looks, think smokey grey on the eyes, that I've hit pan.




Nothing will ever replace my beloved Joey Antioxidant Lip Pencil (RIP), but I have come to grips that I need to move on & start dating again. Who's the latest to woo me? Too Faced's Perfect Lips Lip Pencil. It has a beautiful soft natural lip tone color that's the perfect base for gloss & lipstick. If you are familiar with the Joey lip pencil, this one has more pink undertones.




Last year Make Up For Ever's HD Powder took the slot for finishing powder in the 2009 Glammies. This year it's Mally's Poreless Perfection Skin Finisher. It goes on like air & is the perfect finishing touch to set your make-up. The first day I wore it, literally 3 people commented on what gorgeous skin I had- score! Note: it does have silica in it, but it has not broken me out at all the way some primers with silicone have in the past.
So tell me girleens, what new product made you swoon this year? I'm dying to know, I might need it:) I hope everyone has an amazing 2011!

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

3 comments:

Peace.Love. Lipgloss. said...

Be sure to check out last year's Glammies too! Those products are still some of my tried & true faves!
http://peace-love-lipgloss.blogspot.com/2009/12/glammies.html

Unknown said...

Great information! I LOVE your blog! Paul & Joe Beaute's Eye Gloss is INCREDIBLE! If I paired it with Laugh Shine Repeat's 24K Gold Glossware I'd really SHINE!
Keep giving us the great information! -- xoxo Tammie
http://www.laughshinerepeat.com/

Kayla Block said...

I don't think silica is related to silicone. Silica is an ingredient of glass. I wonder if that's related to what makes your skin look so great in it.
I just sent you an email. I'm hoping you come check out my site that features closeout cosmetics at bargain prices.