What's In My Beauty Bag

What's In My Beauty Bag
Less shimmery than its well known sister "O", Deep Throat gives the perfect natural peach flush for summer!
BonBon Rose Girls

For Your Review

Want moi to review a product? Email browwhisperer@gmail.com for further info! My reviews are filled with warmth, wit and intelligence- & are always honest!

About Me

My photo
This make-up artist and esthetician has a (bordering on unhealthy) addiction to all things beauty! No amount of eyeshadows or cream liners will ever be enough! I go giddy for all things girly. Lipgloss might not be able to heal the world, but it can lift a gal's spirits!

Blog Archive

Take a Button!

Friday, March 9, 2012

What's In Her Make-Up Bag with Dr. Noelle Sherber

So next week at La Papillon, myself along with our Diva of Dermatology, Dr. Noelle Sherber & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Ariel Rad will be discussing Celebrity Skin Secrets. Because ladies, do not believe that they stay looking that fabulous only by drinking green tea & doing yoga! Celebrities have access to all of the latest cutting edge technologies & we're going to be talking about them on the 14th from 5:30-7:30. Since I will be talking about skincare, as well as make-up tips & tricks I of course dove into Dr. Sherber's travel make-up bag at our last Injectable Event to see what she had up her sleeve. Want a peek, too? Below are her thoughts on her go to products. Next week I'll let you peek inside my bag- it's so interesting to see her picks for her dry skin versus mine for my oily skin!

Tucked in a classic black Prada bag are the following:

Perfekt Skin Perfection Gel in Luminous: I don't wear foundation, and try to avoid powders since my skin is dry and I like the look of dewy skin. This product is like Photoshop in a tube, taking down excess shine in spots and minimizing pores where you need it without making skin look dull.

Bobbi Brown Sheer Color Cheek Tint in Sheer Lilac: This soft pink color gives a fresh flush and the texture is very dewy without being overly oily thanks to the petrolatum in the formula. The color is so sheer that it never looks painted on, and it can be swiped on lips in a pinch.

Idalmi St. Barth Lip Gel in Starlit: Idalmi was the makeup artist for my wedding in St. Barths, and she gave me this gloss from her make-up line to wear on the big day. It's the best non-sticky sheer shimmery pink, is enriched with antioxidant vitamins, and I have such a sentimental attachment to it now.

Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Lashes Mascara in Black: This gives lush lashes without making them spidery. It doesn't flake or smudge much, which is important for me since I neither want to give up eye cream when I wear mascara nor look like a panda.

Yves Saint Laurent L'Eyeliner Noir: This has been my absolute favorite liquid liner for years. It's a great true glossy black and it stays put, but it's easy to clean up mistakes with a damp Q-tip if need be.

Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light: Bobbi Brown's bronzer
colors are the most skin tone correct that I've found. This is a very sheer silky wash of color that warms up the skin without lookingorange, and, like a natural tan, doesn't have any shimmer.

Chanel Ombre Essentielle in Beige Lamé: I saw great reviews of this limited edition shade on Twitter, and was lucky to snap one up before they were gone. It's a warm light brown that manages to take sparkle and make it look polished and not disco-y.

La Prarie Light Fantastic Cellular Concealing Brightening EyeTreatment in 02: During a long tiring day I like to freshen up under my eyes, and I love that this sheer light reflective concealer has La Prarie's cult status Cellular Radiance Eye Cream built in for added skin care benefits.

Giorgio Armani High Precision Retouch in 2: This is the most natural looking concealer that I've found for spot concealing on the face and blending seamlessly into bare skin if you aren't a foundation person. It's imperceptible on HD film, too, so it's perfect for TV or photos.

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque: I'm thin skinned under my eyes, and a dab of this helps to neutralize the blue hue. The creamy texture is moisturizing enough that it never gets cakey.

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Romance: I like very balmy lip colors, and this line is mega moisturizing. I like how this pop of pink brightens the skin without being too bright itself. The classic Chanel lipstick case is so luxe for public touch-ups, too.

Perfume Oil from Memoire Liquide: My husband and I created custom scents for each other at Henri Bendel in Manhattan before our wedding. Our scents have one note in common, and it was so much fun to mix up a unique blend - I love the end result and mine is all I wear now.

Peace. Love. Lipgloss. M

No comments: